Saturday, March 10, 2012

It's 1 am in Bangkok...

And I'm wide awake.

I just got to the Holiday Inn Express, which I did not originally book with. The hotel I had booked with, well... turns out there's no vacancy, which I am now a-okay with. It seems I have much better Wi-Fi and television stations here anyway.

I was a little nervous about getting into Thailand so late (my flight got in around 11 p.m. local time). I thought I might have difficulty finding a cab, finding my hotel, etc. Turns out, Bangkok is still very alive. People line the streets and fill the coffee shops as if it's 9 a.m.

I'm right across from the national stadium and Siam Discovery Center, which is pretty darn sweet. I will be posting pictures soon.

Unfortunately, my key contact in both Bangkok and Dhaka was laid off yesterday. So, come sun up, I'll be hitting the ground running trying to find some other options.

It wouldn't be journalism if you didn't have to go to plan C (at least), right?

Thanks to my mom for sharing Joshua Chapter 1 with me before I left. Nothing is as comforting as the word of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment